BARNES AND NOBLE
82 West Warren
Detroit,Â MI 48202
SEPTEMBER 13, 2008
10:30am – 1:30pm
In a literary community that needs a pick up, join readers and writers in an wonderful celebration of the written word.
Motown Writers Network hosts the 2008 Motown Literary Meet and Greet, where readers can find out the latest books that are out, check out other Michigan authors and book swap or donate books. Writers can come to network and learn about the business with other professionals.
Find out the latest events and organizations that are working to create a stronger literary community for Michigan. Supporting events such as this benefits and encourages everyone.
Guest Authors will include:
- Paula Tutman, suspense author & WDIV Anchor
- Poet, Men-Tal, author of Silent Screams
- Greg O. Jones, urban contemporary author, Destiny Interrupted
- Kimberly Brooks, Christian Fiction author of He’s saved…But Is He For Real? & The Little Black Survival Book for Single Saints
- Jessica Care Moore, Poet and Publisher
- Monica Marie Jones, Young Adult & Urban Contemporary Author of The Ups and Downs of Being Round & newly released, Floss.
- Sylvia Hubbard, Suspense Romance Author ofÂ Secrets, Lies & Family Ties
- John Jeffries, author of Stone+Fist+Brick+Bone
Invited literary community guests:
- Margaret Williamson, President of Pro-Literacy of Detroit
- Heather Buchanan, founder of Aquarius Press
- Tracey Frazier, Coordinator of Steps in Faith Writing Challenge
- Andrea McCatskill, coordinator of the Southeastern Bookclub Mix and Mingle
If you write or read – COME!
If you’ve published or getting published – COME!
If you know a friend who’s a reading fanatic or a writer, bring them and you COME!
If you don’t like to read or write, still COME!
If you would like to sponsor this event or provide media coverage, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org